The Beginning

My whole interest in hoopdance started back in May 2011. I went to a fundraiser with a a friend and one of the performers was a hoopdancer. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I promised her and myself that one day I would be able to do that.

I got my first hoop in early June, started classes in September and have been casually working on it ever since.

4 hoops, a bunch of classes, bruises and lots of achey muscles later I've decided to make this into a life journey.

The goals? Simple; get healthy, make my own hoops, get my instructors certificate and share what hoopdance has done for me. I just want to love what I do in life and this is it!

Today, January 2nd, marks day 1. Spent 45 mins knee, waist, trick and attempting to shoulder hoop. I'll be stoked once I can finally do that.

Enough of the boring stuff. I'll post more deets about the plans and such as this journey continues.

This is only the beginning...


Comments