Paradiso

Hi Everyone!

Sorry its been so long. I've been busy with school and work. I'm finally able to regularily move my hoop from my knees to my waist again.

Last weekend I spent the weekend at the Gorge Ampitheatre in Washington state. It was CRAZY! If you've never been, I highly recommend you make the trip out there and you should definitely camp out for the weekend. I went with my boyfriend, Conor, and we met tons of people. The coolest part? There were other hoopdancers there with their LED hoops. I took my Blaze MoodHoop and I found a girl with the same one as me. I've never had such a great experience as that before.
I'll admit, being the center of attention for once was pretty cool. So many people kept coming up to me and asking me to do tricks for them. A bunch took videos too. I never throught I'd have an experience like that. I'm used to the guys I go raving with getting all the attention with their gloves. I didn't want to be like them but I never knew what I could do instead... until I saw an LED hoop in action.

I love the camraderie that comes with it. Hoopdancers are family even if you've never met the person before. Its hard to explain what a hoop can do to change a person's life but it can and it does. Its a spiritual connection. What was really cool, watching the fire hoops that were on stage during the DJ's sets. There were some fire fans too! Eventually I'll have my first burn, I just need to find someone to help me out, thats one I don't want to just learn from tutorials.

All in all, I want to go back. The scene in the states is more chill, more accepting, more PLUR. Hell, I have PLUR and a peace sign tanned onto my chest... It wasn't planned that way but it got super sunny and friggin hot out.

Now that reality has set in, I'm jamming with my friend Kailey and teaching her as much as I can. Hopefully I'll be making her a custom hoop soon too. I'll keep ya'll posted. I'll post the links to the videos from Paradiso soon too.

Happy Hooping and never give up. <3


#PLUR

Comments