Busy Busy Bee

Ugh, sorry for the lack of posting. Life has been super busy between work, looking after my puppy (he is doing better for the most part), doing stuff around the house and trying to plan my birthday party thats coming up soon. I have been watching some of Safire's tutorials online which have been SUPER helpful. Some of the tricks I have been taught before but I couldn't figure out for some reason. Now I just need to practice what I've been taught.

I've been looking into other options for Hoopdance Instructor Training (HIT) since I'm not sure whats going on with the Pixie one. I still want to take that course in particular but I am looking into Hoopnotica and the Hoopcity classes offered online. I've found that Hoopnotica is more fitness based and is certified by the AFAA. Hoopcity is more dance and trick based which is what I think I want to aim for, at least for the time being.

I'm still swimming in ideas for performance themes, party packages, workshops, hoop tape patterns, etc. I want to get started with teaching and performing. I still need to practice more for me to perform... I'm not confident enough to perform yet. Soon though. I was thinking of just going out one evening to the Quay in New West and screwing around with my LED hoop. My favourite photographer also wants to go downtown to the Science World area to take some photos of me there.

I'm working on a facebook page right now, I'm just needing to take all these crazy ideas and put them into action. I just have no clue where to start...

Sorry to keep jumping from topic to topic. Basically, I'm trying to make my hoopdance a larger part of my life, its a slow process, a lot slower than I would like it to take but what can you do?

This coming weekend, on the 10th, Steve Aoki is coming to town for his DEADMEAT tour with Datsik, Angger Dimas, and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. I'm stoked to go, just wish I could bring my hoop with me. Is that wrong?

Over time I've started to feel more and more like my hoop has become my partner instead of my tool to dance with. Transitions are getting easier and a whole new world is opening up to me.

Just as a side note, with my birthday coming up I'm thinking of treating myself to a set of mini's or another LED from MoodHoops (I'm eyeing the Muse hoop to go with my Blaze hoop for another full size) or getting some fancy tapes from Hoop Tape Canada. I just don't know which ones to get, theres too many options!!

Wow sorry thats long. I need to get back to my tutorials. Happy hooping everyone!! <3

Comments