Taking an Unwanted Break

For the last week and a half or so I've taken some time off from hooping. I haven't felt the desire or need to practice. Even my favourite songs haven't been enticing...

On March 5th, the last day I hooped, my dog Nitrous kept trying to help me... He had been sick around Christmas time, had some surgery and only had one down week since where he got sick so I wanted to spend the time with him. We got him on April fools in 2000. Hes always been my best friend. He used to steal the hula hoops I used to have when I was younger and chew them up. He got me through so much. Well I took a picture of him laying down with my green polypro because he was being cute like usual.

Tuesday night, I came home from work and everything was fine. Then rather quickly Nitrous went from normal to very sick. I won't go into detail, it still hurts. We rushed him to the vet and there ended up being nothing we could do... He passed away March 6th. I miss him so much...

He gave me the confidence to do anything and everything. He is the reason I use the name Nitrous Star. I want to continue on, heal using my hoopdance in his honour and be the best that I can be. He was more than just my dog, he was my best friend, my confidant, my lug nut.

I'm sorry this is somewhat down and depressing but its all apart of my journey, whether I like it or not. Hopefully I'll get back to dancing soon.

RIP Nitrous Oxide <3


Comments