I am Me

I'm slowly coming to a point in my life where I actually don't care what people think of me. Not everyone is going to like me, thats normal. I'm just tired of the process of constantly having to be accepted by as many of my peers as possible.

I'm a dancer
                            I'm a Girl Guide.
                                                                          I'm a r a v e r..
     I'm a hoopdancer....
                                                       I am Danielle.

                       But even more than that, I'm an individual;

                                   I am ME.

So what, I'm a little unique. I'll wear my spirithood out and about. I'm tomboyish and I hate carrying a purse. I'm not super girly and I'm pretty straight edge. But what right does anyone have to judge me based on all that?

I am who I am. No one can change that, try as they may. I wish more people could accept themselves for who they are. Its a journey and it is a journey that doesn't need to be completed alone. I'm not saying its always going to be easy. I'm not saying its always going to be fun. Life is a rollercoaster, with more downs than ups sometimes.

Life is what you try to make of it. I'm tired of sitting around waiting for things to happen. Things need to change so that's what I'm going to do. School, work, names, my hoopdance... It's all part of the process of becoming the better me. For my family, for C.B., for myself...
C'est la vie.

Comments